Spring is here and what is more appropriate then baking some delicious muffins. I found this recipe last Saturday. I wanted to make something tasty, fast and refreshing. Something that I could eat whiles drinking tea and chatting to my family.
I remembered that long time ago I did Lemon Drizzle cake and I wanted something similar. So I decided to do Lemon Muffins. I thought that that would be absolutely perfect because lemons are so refreshing. I love how they taste in any dessert. I like when at first you can taste sweetens and then the acidity kicks in. Here is the recipe.
300g of flour
2 tsp baking powder
pinch of salt
2 tsp lemon zest
1 vanilla sugar
250 ml buttermilk
125 g melted butter
- So first you need to put flour in one bowl and add baking powder. Mix it together. Then add sugar, vanilla sugar and pinch of salt.
- Put water in a pot and put it on the stove to get hot. Put butter in a metal bowl. When water begins to babble put bowl with butter on the pot. That's way your butter will melt.
- In another bowl put eggs, buttermilk, lemon zest, little biz of lemon juice and melted butter. Mix it together.
- Add dry ingredients from first bowl to second bowl and mix it together.
- Put the mixture in muffin baking pan.
- Bake them on 190 degrees for 20 minutes.
- When they are over they'll be nice golden color. To be completely sure they are baked stab them with a toothpick and if there is nothing on it then they are over.
Really hope you'll try out this recipe because it's so delicious and simple to make.
If you do then please let me know.