Delicious Zucchini Carbonara
Whenever I’m not sure what I want to make for a lunch pasta is my go to option. I just love it so much. The variety of dishes that you can make with it is incredible. From mac and cheese (all time lover) to pasta bolognese. I realized that in the Summer I always choose zucchini carbonara. This is a dish that I discovered this Summer and made it so many times. Although it's originally based on eggs, bacon and black pepper this is my vegetable variation. My family and I absolutely love it.
It’s super simple and quick to do. You got a healthy and delicious meal in 20 minutes. It’s even better if you can use vegetables from your own garden. Zucchini is my favorite vegetable and I like to include it in every dish I make. In carbonara it just tastes amazing. I made it a week ago for my best friend and she absolutely loved it (as she said) although she is not a big zucchini fan.
1 medium zucchini
1 medium red onion
1 clove of garlic
half of an pepper
- Grab a pot and pour water in it. Put it on the stove to boil.
- Chop onion and garlic. I like to chop them finely but you can leave them rough.
- Put a little bit of sunflower oil in your pan. You can use olive oil as well.
- Add chopped onion and garlic. Lower the heat. Put chopped pepper when the onion is turned into nice gold color. Chop zucchini on little crescent shape and put them in the pan.
- When your water is boiled put a tablespoon of salt in it and then spaghetti. Stir occasionally so that they do not stick to the pot.When you think they are cooked drain them and pour cold water over them.
- So when the zucchini is softened and taken on the color put spaghetti. Gently mix everything together. Add spices that you like.
- Chop cherry tomatos on half and add to the pan.
- When everything is combined and you like how it taste take it off the stove and serve
So yeah, this definitely my favorite Summer dish. I love how easy it is and that I can use all the vegetables from my garden. Although it's pasta it's very light and you can taste all the flavors. Hope you'll try it out! xx
Do you like pasta dishes?
Have you tried carbonara before?