How To Sleep Better
I love a good 8 hour sleep. There’s nothing better than waking up rested and happy. Especially when you have a busy day ahead. But unfortunately sometimes it can get quit hard to fall asleep, at least for me. I hate those long night when I just can’t fall asleep and don’t know why. So here some of the things I like to do to prevent that.
- Don't nap longer than 20 minutes ~ This is something I learned on a harder way. I'm one of those people who goes to bed at around the same time every night. Although I don't usually take a naps when I do they are always too long. Bad part about it is that I later just can't fall asleep. I'm constantly turning around and getting angry because I'm used to go fall asleep at that time and now I can't. If you are the same then the trick is to not have a nap longer that 20 minutes.
- Regulate room temperature ~ Every night few minutes before I go to bed I tend to open my windows. That's way the fresh and cool air circulate through my room and makes it feel nice. I can't fall asleep if I'm warm or hot. Through the Summer I leave my windows opened through the whole night. I know that some people fall asleep easier when they are warm I on the other hand like to feel cold.
- Gadget free room ~ I think that taking TV out of my room was the best decision ever. I immediately noticed that I had better and firmer sleep and dream. TV and other gadget radiate specific light even when they are turned off. Also I tend to leave my phone at least 30 minutes before sleep.
- Stretch ~ If you stretch or do Yoga before sleep your muscles are going to feel relaxed and stretched. That way your body is going to find it so much easier to find perfect sleeping position. It doesn't need to be extreme workout or anything like that.
- Drink chamomile tea ~ I like to make myself a cup of chamomile tea before I go to bed. It's proven that chamomile helps you to relax and fall asleep easier. I like to drink it while I'm reading. It really relaxes me and it's a nice ritual.
Having a god night sleep is very important for your mental and physical health. Hope these tips are going to help you have a nice and relaxed sleep! xo
What are your tips for better sleep?