Carrot & Apple Muffins
Immediately as the days become shorter and rain starts to replace long and sunny days I’m transitioning to the more Autumnal desserts. Two ingredients that are well associated with Autumn are carrots and apples. I picked my apples few weeks ago and my mom plucked carrots from our garden. This is my first recipe with carrot and I’m thrilled how it turned out. The sweetness of apples and that interesting carrot flavor complement each other.
This recipe is so easy and fast to make. The texture is soft and light. It's great for breakfast on the go or to eat with a cup of tea. I like to use seasonal products and these muffins are just perfect for that. I'm definitely going to try an find more carrot inspired recipes.
200 grams of sugar
1.5 deciliters of sunflower oil
1 teaspoon of cinnamon
pinch of salt
300 grams of flour
1 baking powder
200 grams of grated carrot
2 grated apples
- Grate carrot and apples. Prepare other ingredients.
- Preheat oven on 180 degrees.
- Mix eggs and sugar until it's well combined.
- Combine sugar, sunflower oil, cinnamon, flour, baking powder in one bowl.
- Put all the dry ingredients into the egg and sugar mixture.
- Add carrot and apple.
- Pour the mixture into the muffin tin. This mixture is enough for 12 muffins.
- Bake them for 20 minutes.
After they cooled down for about 10 minutes you can decorate them with a frosting or serve them just like that. Muffins are so easy to do and you can experiment with all kind of ingredients. I think that these ones are perfect for those Autumnal days. They taste amazing and are different.
Do you like carrot in desserts?
Have you tried this muffin recipe?