Mary Berry's Chocolate Muffins





Baking is one of my biggest passions. I just find it so therapeutic and calming. Last few months I haven’t had much time to spend in my kitchen. So last weekend when I finally came home I immediately searched for quick and delicious recipe that I could do for my family. Of course Mary Berry saved the day. I decided to make Chocolate Chip Muffins. Recipes I used before were good but I got bored of them and wanted to try something a little bit different but still easy and quick to do.





 Ingredients

250g of self raising flour
1 tsp of baking powder
50g of soft butter
75g of caster sugar
175g of chocolate chips
2 medium eggs
1 tsp of vanilla extract
250ml of milk




Preparation

  • Take larger bowl to mix together flour and baking powder. Then add little chunks of soft butter. Rub butter into the flour with your fingers until it’s nice and grainy. Stir in the sugar and chocolate chips…I chopped regular dark chocolate on little chunks.
  • In other bowl mix eggs until they are fluffy. Add vanilla extract and milk. Mix it together so they are combined.
  • Pour your second mixture into the first one and mix them together. It needs to be slightly runny but also it’s going to have little lumps from butter. Don’t over mix it.
  • Preheat oven to 200 degree. Grease 12 muffin tins or put cupcake cases.  Bake for 20-25 minutes until they are well risen and have nice gold color. Leave them to cool down for a few minutes and they take them out of the tin.



Mary Barry is definitely a queen of baking in my opinion. I love how simple but so tasty her recipes are. Great British Bake Of is one of my favorite baking shows and I always learn interesting things while I’m watching it. These muffins are so soft inside but have crispy crust. I love that they are not too sweet but you can still taste chocolate in every bite.


Do you like to bake? 
Have you tried this recipe?
What kind of muffins do you like the best? 




Popular Posts